Sister Mintaka presents the Kelly Anorak sewing pattern by Closet Case
Style meets function with the Kelly Anorak; a classic shape with a modern cut, this simple coat is the perfect choice for transitional weather.
Lightweight and unlined, it features a two piece cuffed sleeve, optional drawstring waist, gusseted flap pocket and a zipper placket with snap buttons. View A will keep you warm and dry with a roomy three piece hood, while View B features a classic stand-up collar.
Kelly is just right made up in light to medium-weight woven fabric such as twill, gabardine, and linen, and will make the ultimate raincoat when sewn with a waterproof fabric like ripstop or goretex.
Materials and Supplies
Main Fabric: Light to medium weight woven fabric such as twill, gabardine, ripstop, goretex and linen.
- 13 x 1/2”-5/8″ (12-15mm) metal snap buttons
- Separating coat zipper with pull on left side (sizes 0-4 = 24” zipper, sizes 6-20 = 26” zipper)
- 1 1/2” yard (1.3m) 5mm drawstring
- Optional: 3 yards of double fold bias tape to finish neckline and coat hem (can be replaced with serged stitch or homemade bias tape)
- Optional: 2 x grommets – size #0 or #1, inside diameter 6-7 mm (can be replaced with machine buttonhole)
- Optional: topstitching thread
- Polyester thread
- Marking tool