Sister Mintaka presents the Fiore Skirt sewing pattern by Closet Case Patterns.
The Fiore Skirt is a chic, high-waisted A-line skirt with just the right amount of flare and volume. A beginner friendly pattern with multiple variations, this elevated basic has tons of outfit potential.
Available in above or below the knee lengths, the Fiore Skirt has three views. View A is a simple flared skirt with an invisible zipper at the back. View B is an asymmetrical wrap skirt with single hip pocket. View C buttons up the front with curved patch pockets.
Materials and Supplies
Main Fabric: All views can be made with crisp wovens such as linen, chambray, denim, twill, poplin, lightweight canvas, and structured cottons. Please note: Views A and B can also be made with drapier fabrics like rayon challis, tencel, or silk, but the patch pocket for View C should not be sewn with fluid fabrics.
- Lightweight non-stretch fusible interfacing (1.25 yd / 1.1m)
- View A = 7” (18cm) invisible zipper View B = 2 x buttons – 1/2” – 3/4” (13-19mm)
- View B = scrap of 1/4” (6mm) twill tape or ribbon for loop closure (optional)
- View C = 6-8 buttons – 1/2” (13mm)
- Views B & C: Fray Stop & buttonhole chisel or seam ripper to open buttonholes
- Polyester thread
- Marking tool