Sister Mintaka presents Blanca Flight Suit by Closet Core Patterns.
The Blanca Flight Suit is a semi-fitted, highly customizable boiler suit pattern inspired by vintage workwear. With multiple sleeve and leg options, it can be made in a variety of fabrics and can easily be styled up or down.
Blanca features a center front zipper, patch pockets that double as belt loops, an optional tie belt or buckled belt, a traditional shirt collar and a unique pleated back design. Customize your flight suit by adding a long sleeve, tapered sleeve with snap button, or short sleeve. The leg is cut straight, with the option to crop it or taper at the hem with a leg tab. In addition, choose between a classic breast patch pocket or zippered pocket for added detail
Model notes: Our model is 5′-7″ and wears a size 12 graded to 14 at the hip.
Materials and Supplies
Main Fabric: For a structured look, use sturdy woven fabrics like denim, twill, canvas and mid to heavyweight linen and cotton. For a softer effect, choose mid-weight fabrics with drape, such as tencel twill, cupro or silk noil.
- Medium weight fusible interfacing (0.5yd/0.5m for 45” wide interfacing)
- Pocket lining (0.25 yd/0.25m)
- Polyester thread in matching colour
- Non-separating zipper (use metal teeth for sturdy fabrics and plastic for lighter weight fabrics). Please note a longer zipper may be used and trimmed to size- separating zippers can also be used if properly closed with a bar tack. Sizes 0-4=20”, Sizes 6-14=22”, Sizes 16-20=24”.
- Marking tool
- Point turner for collar
- Zipper foot
- Optional: Topstitching thread in contrast colour
- Optional: 2 x 5” non-separating zipper for zippered breast pocket
- Optional: 2 x 1/2” snap buttons for optional tapered sleeve
- Optional: 4 x 5/8” regular buttons for optional tapered pant hem tab
- Optional: 1.5” buckle closure for optional buckle belt